Saturday, May 25, 2013

Searching for Ingredients

Searching for the right ingredients is the first step in our adventure. There are literally hundreds or thousands of herbs with known effects out there. How to narrow this down to a manageable list is the first question. Fortunately, the web has plenty of good sites to help with this. Search terms such as "herbal products" and "herbal incense" brings up plenty of good results on Google. I found several sites that have descriptions of a variety of herbs, with details about where they are found, what they look and taste like, and what effect they have. Several of these sites also have ready-made recipes to produce desired effects, including medicinal, mood, preventative, healthful and the more esoteric. The only problem is, many of these recipes do not include proportions, so some experimentation is going to be in order. I have selected several sites/recipes as a starting point, so my next several posts will be a discussion of these, including the ingredients and the effects they are supposed to produce. Check back often, as I plan to try to write one post a day until I achieve my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment